11.12.2004

ROAD TRIP!
I am totaly excited. The other day I got an email from a friend of mine from the summer camp at which I work. He asked me if I can come to Cumberland, Maryland to lead a worship service for them (affiliation undisclosed for many reasons legal and personal.) because they are doing an evangelistic community outreach and yada yada. So I asked a few friends if they wanted to do it too and we can go on a road trip. A ROAD TRIP! So I ended up asking them what kinda system that they had for monitors and whatnot. Turns out they don't even have anything. So I called up my church and asked to use the travel system (which is a pretty sweet 24 channel soundboard with JBL/EON speakers. It's a mini-masterpiece). Oh how I love that system if you couldn't tell. I'm a big geek when it comes to concert sound. Ok, I'm a big geek in general about a lot of things. Ok, i'm just a big geek. Anyways, they hooked me up with the gear, and tomorrow night the 5 of us (Amelia, Matt, Christian, Carrie and myself) are leaving after church and heading on over to Morgantown to crash at our friend Kellys house for the night and when we wake up we'll leave for Cumberland. We have 75 minutes of worship songs to pick out and we only have about half of that accounted for thus far. Good thing the event is 2 days away. I want to hit every McDonalds on the way to Cumberland. I could eat the two cheeseburger meal until I turn into a two cheeseburger meal. Which reminds me of the movie "Super Size Me" well, with that in mind, maybe I won't stop at every McDonalds. Well, I hope for a safe trip and an event filled weekend. Hopefully we can bring someone to know Christ. :)

No comments: